1. What does it mean to “wait for readiness”? Another take on potty training readiness from a teacher and author I love.
2. You can listen instead of read about how to get started with Elimination Communication with this set of podcasts.
3. What if you only want to EC part-time? Totally OK. Diapers are always a good back-up method and tool for our babies (but the toddlers need to ditch the diapers!)
4. I use the phrase “potty training” because it is common and people know what I’m talking about, but there is a difference between training and learning. What I’m really teaching is about how to have our babies and toddlers learn to use the potty from birth. Here is another perspective to consider.
5. My most favorite travel potty is hands down the Potette Plus. We carried this with us all the time from the moment of potty training until my son was big enough to sit on an adult toilet. Now we keep it in the car for emergencies.
6. Stumbled upon www.pottytrainingmadison.com but not from around here? Find a local group! Talking with people (and maybe witnessing a catch or two) is a great way to learn, connect, and build community!
7. If you are from around here and want to learn more, please register for my next EC or PT class at Happy Bambino!