- A cute video introduction to Elimination Communication. Ignore the other potty training related videos on this page and just enjoy watching all of the babies using the potty!
- This is a good start, but definitely shows that there is a need for more scientific research into the pros/cons of Elimination Communication (i.e. or just plain offering your baby to use the potty instead of their diaper). Still an interesting read for those of us who want more evidence based practices in our parenting.
- Speaking of scientific research, here is one study (over 20 years old, yikes!!) that does show that newborns and infants are aware of their bladders filling, have control over when to release their pee, AND they never pee while asleep. If you know of any other studies, please send them my way!!
- Just finished reading Diaper Free Baby, The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Christine Gross-Loh and I’m looking forward to writing a post about who is getting trained during Elimination Communication – and if that is even a bad thing. I mean, how many of us have been trained to feed our babies when they are hungry? Is going potty any different of a need?
- And if you needed more reasons to explain why practicing EC is awesome, here are 75 reasons!
- In preparing for baby #2 coming within the next 10 weeks, I’m highly considering buying a top hat potty, or maybe just a mixing bowl with a comfy lip for the bum and a spout for easy pouring?
- Are you trying to decide between cloth and disposable diapers for a back-up in your Elimination Communication practice? Here are some facts about cloth diapers to consider. And remember, with whichever kind of diaper you choose – please put all poop in the potty. Poop does not belong in the landfill!
On that note… happy pottying!